Monday, January 24, 2011

Chicken Curry Nyonya Style

Or in my case, it's more to "campak" style...hehe

These past two weeks, I have been keeping myself busy "out" and "away/nearer" to the kitchen until hubby's complaining not eating my cooking. After all, I was not feeling very well and everyday we went to Alamanda. Ehem, to set a record straight, I managed to complete my one-whole-week going/went to Alamanda. Boringgg, I know but what else can we do??

Oh well, like he used to say, he doesn't seem like eating if it's not my cooking. God bless for having a husband like him. Phew!!

Today seems a lovely day to play "masak-masak" since Lulu's behaving, not that she's not behaving before (plus anyway, hubby holds him all the time hehe, my siblings always make a joke of me, if Hubby's not around then Lulu tuh di parking tepi diorang ahaha - wonderful siblings they are!!) but I sort of got all the ingredients to cook. Hihi...

Ok here goes:
5-6 shallots
1 red onion
 Tumeric/Ginger

Everything goes into the blender, and blend!

Chicken - sliced into small pieces if you like
White Potatoes - Sliced and fried, set aside
Curry Leaves
Dried Chilis
About 1 tbsp of curry powder
and if you're the spicy type like me, add about 7-9 cili padi
Air asam jawa/tomatoes will do/asam keping
Coconut Milk
Pinch of salt of course

Masa sidai baju nampak daun kari ni, so niat dalam hati nak masak kari ayam...heheh
Next, heat the wok with some cooking oil, throw in the curry leaves and a handful of dried chili, stir awhile followed with the mixed ingredients. Once you see the oil boiled, add in the curry powder. Make sure to "bancuh" the powder before mixing it into the wok. Next add in the chicken/potatoes(I fried the potatoes first and set aside) and coconut milk. Again, stir fry until it fragrant and you can see the oil boiled. Season it with salt and air asam jawa and leave the gravy for a while to dry a little bit,/let the chicken cook.  Leave about 15-20minutes, then the dish is ready.


Checkout my previous post on how to cook this
My hubby's comment, if you know him, he's the type that never says something delicious aka sedap but

"ok, bleh masak lagi" while showing thumbs up (kalau kat Bangladesh nih, laki aku dah kene sepak sebab tunjuk ibu jari hahaha - go google what's the meaning of thumbs up to them)

Lulu on the other hand, keeping herself busy with "crawling lessons"...
Help me, Mummy!!


I'll post up a video of her later and owh by the way, selamat mencuba :)

1 comment:

armouris said...

info tentang asam jawa di SIHAT SELALU - Asam Jawa : Kegunaan dan Khasiat