Monday, December 20, 2010

Ikan Tenggiri Masak Kerutup

Hubby said he has not been eating for 3 days.

Crap, I know.

What he really means that he hasn't been eating my cook and he wants me to cook. These past few days, I was a bit of lazy bum bum wife, more to keeping myself up with the "Hakimis". Haha if only you know what I'm trying to express yada yada :p I've got sore throat with heavily-mentally-coughs that I really want to let everything out from my tummy. At times, I feel kinda "loya" and thought maybe I'm not pregnant, kan? (p/s : stop the wild gossip of me getting pregnant, had enough of it).
At about 7.50pm, I'm busy in the kitchen with hubby helping around, like taking care of the Lulu, washed the dishes, cut the onions and even "tumbuk" the chili padi. I've decided to cook "Ikan Tenggiri Masak Kerutup" (because I'm missing my Ibu - ayah I know you're reading this, send my regards to Ibu muahhhhh) and "Sayur Sawi Jepun Goreng Cili Padi dengan Udang Kering" (was actually running out of belacan)

That's our dinner! Very big portion indeed, sayang.

Without further elaboration, I present you my Ibu's delicious recipe. Who doesn't like mother's cooking, kan? Kalau yang tak suka tu, maybe mungkin kerana mak dia tak masak kot??Haha, kidding!

The ingredients :
2-3 red onions
3-4 garlic
about half an inch of ginger
and also half an inch of tumeric
6-8 bird's eye chili (depends, if you're not the spicy type, then just leave it behind)
Blend all the above ingredients

1 stalk of lemongrass. (smash it a bit to let the taste/aroma out)
3-5 tbsp of blended chili
about one and a half cup of coconut milk
1-2 piece of "asam keping"
season with salt and sugar

Meanwhile, deep fry the fish until the corners turned crispy-brown and set aside. Heat the oil in the wok, add in the mix-blended ingredients along with the lemon grass and let it stir fry for a while until fragrant. Next add in the blended chili and coconut milk. Again, stir fry until it fragrant and you can see the oil boiled. Season it with sugar, salt and asam keping and leave the it for a while to dry a little bit, then only you add in the fish that you have set aside before. Now the dish is ready.
Simply finger licking!

As for the "Sayur Sawi Jepun Goreng Cili Padi/Udang Kering", I bet the pictures are enough to tell because it's just a simple dish that everyone knows how to do it.
Heat the wok and throw in the sliced onions altogether with the smashed cili padi/udang kering
Stir fry and add in the sayur sawi jepun

Voila, ready to eat!

Owh by the way, the post will be incomplete if I didn't share at least a  picture of my dear Lulu :

Ain't that super duper cute...awwwwwwww *melting*

Do you wanna know the end result? 
















Freaking gone!  


2 comments:

Q said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Q said...
This comment has been removed by the author.