Monday, January 25, 2010

newborn checklist

Phewww...Although having a nice home of your own right now is the most essential things I'd ever need in my entire life, but I need to put that aside and let it be my second priority. My first priority now is to buy all newborn items which I'm not familiar with, since this is like my very first time getting pregnant! Like the other day, we went to look for a baby cot, but then, it turned out we hunting for something else. There's this one particular furniture shop opposite the Glennegles Hospital in Ampang was having a major closing down sale. So you can imagine how i wanted all ,that i freaked out, omg if i ever going to buy this, where am I going to put it? At one point, i felt so stressed out that I can't even do anything about it. Lain yang aku cari, lain yang aku lihat. Yela, yang di cari plak, xberkenan di hati. haihhh.

Pray for me, that anytime soon I'll be living in my own house. It doesn't matter if we rent a house first or kalau I dah berkemampuan, to buy my own house for investment. I think i need some privacy, after all I'm about to give birth own child. I know at first we said it's ok to live at parents house, but once you are pregnant, you cannot think the same way again. Yes, money-wise is the main problem, but I'd rather give up all my shopaholics addiction (all branded handbags, shoes, clothes) for the sake of living on my own. I want to settle down in my own crib, and live in a place where you can call it home-sweet-home. But anyhow, back to my second priority which is to give ways on baby needs first.

I've done some research here and there, which includes surfing the net, read some books, blog-hopping and etc, but still I am still blur on what items that I need to buy. I know I have to buy this and that, trust me, I've got all the checklist with me, but whenever I went to the store, these questions keeps popping out in my head "Do i really need this thing? What if i ended up not using it? Wouldn't it be a waste? Isn't it too early?". You see, those kind of questions.

Hmmmm, at first we thought of buying towels, newborn cloths and other essential needs, however there's always this negative thought in my mind "It's going to be boring to buy the same color , yeah knowing that we don't even know the gender of the baby". You know, it's so annoying that it really bugs me. Come on, we haven't decided yet whether we wanted to know the gender of the baby that I'm carrying, tho. I want it to be a surprise, like owhh wait it's a boy, omg it's a girl like that kinda situation.

On the other hand, come to think of it, it will be better and well-prepared if we know the gender. Like, buying stuffs and all that. Somehow, not all the tests are accurate. What if u buy all the things, then it turned out to be the opposite. Hahahaha you don't want a boy to be wrapped in pink, or a girl to be looked as a boy wouldn't you? All in all, I need to re-think again. Maybe we should know the gender first, and buy according to what comes first (don't overbuy, you don't want to waste so much for a first child).

So ladies, I need a little help out here, do share any info regarding during pregnancy/after pregnancy. If you got any blogs to be share with, do leave me the link to that particular blog. It doesn't matter if the blogs are online shopping for baby needs, or pantang larang untuk ibu mengandung, or products to buy and what-not will do. Anything that can help me will do, and I'll appreciate it so much. Till then.

Meanwhile, here's a pic of my current owh-so-obvious-bump which i  somehow like it surprisingly, when at first I think it's kinda drastic to see the changes in me. I think I look sexy, well at least I think. I don't care if others think that I'm a big fat pregnant women yang diletak dalam sarung nangka. Hahahaa... guess berape bulan agaknya sekarang? All i know is that, it looked smaller compared to other mommies I've met at the clinics/when check-up sessions.

8 comments:

miesmoshe said...

besar nye!! tp tgk front elevation ko ok je kat fb.. side view je nmpk obvious..huhuuh..=)

tenta puteh said...

haah la weh..kecik....huhu...ape kate ko beli pampers size 'S' yg sale...hehe..pampers mahal kot...leh simpan...hehe...ko leh beli besen mandi die ke...itik kuning tu ke...haha..yg penting ko beli buah byk2 mkn....ni mkn chips je...nk kena ni....!!

ana rauda said...

mushe: kat Fb mane ade aku post gambar ngdong aku pon...

mieza: tulaa pasal, i looked more like a buncit girl lahh rather than a pregnant lady...need to wait another 2 months i guess!!owhhh buah makan gak, chips pon LAGI MAKAN JUGAK :p

MyeAqma said...

0dah, sgt c0mel 0k! aku jelez!!!
bape bulan weyh???

nana said...

this might help you..

http://theexcitedmom.blogspot.com/

she even has links which might useful for ur own used! :)

take care!

sera_a said...

hahah nana, that link is my senior in uia. ok gak dia tu, dia pun baru je start shopping brg baby at 7 mth old. only the essentials je dia beli kot...

Alia' said...

Congrats Odah! I just found out about your pregnancy. Dah 7 bulan eh? Wow I'm really happy for you! Hope everything goes well for you and your baby..

ana rauda said...

mye: thnx :) to be accurate, this was during my 19th weeks.

nana: thnx alot for the link. i enjoyed reading it, and somehow started buying some stuffs already...will post up later :p

sera: she looked kinda familiar tho...seen her somewhere...

Alia': wowww 7 months??that's so fast...hahahah dont tell me i look like a 7months preggy lady :p thnxx alia'!!